1 cup yields enough for approximately 3 people
- 1 cup Bloom Organic Chana Dal
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green chili chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 medium tomato diced
- ½ teaspoon Lunn Pink Rock Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Bloom Organic Turmeric Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Bloom Organic Red Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- juice from one small lemon
1. Rinse the Chana dal thoroughly and place it in a pressure cooker along with 1 ½ cups of water.
2. Cook the Chana dal on medium heat for 3-5 whistles depending on the brand of pressure cooker.
3. In a separate pot, heat ghee on a medium flame.
4. Add cumin and sauté until cumin darkens.
5. Add green chili and diced onions, sauté until onions are golden brown.
6. Add crushed garlic, tomato, salt and turmeric. Sauté until tomato is soft.
7. Next add red chili powder and mix well.
8. Add the cooked Chana dal along with leftover water into the pot with masala mixture and mix well.
9. Add more water to reach desired consistency. Cook until the chana begins to bubble.
10. Garnish with some chopped cilantro and lemon juice and enjoy!