Diwali Special Rose Kheer
1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
1-litre Whole Milk
1/4 cup Condensed Milk
2 tsp. chopped Pistachios
1.5 teaspoons Roohafza or Rose syrup
- Rinse the rice until the water turns clear. Then soak the rice in enough water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once 30 minutes are up, drain the rice using a colander and then blend in in semi coarse paste.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add whole milk to the pan. Let the milk come to a boil, this will take around 10-12 minutes. Stir in between so that milk doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the milk has come to a boil, lower the heat to low, add a little hot milk from the pan to the rice paste (this helps the milk to avoid curdling), mix well and it to the boiling milk.
- Cook for around 10 minutes on low heat. Stir every 2 minutes or so. The milk will reduce considerably and the kheer will look thick and the rice will be completely cooked.
- At this point add condensed milk. Mix well and then add cardamom powder and rooh afza.
- Remove the pan from heat. Garnish with nuts and serve warm or chilled.
- The kheer will continue to thicken as it cools down.
Jaggery tea or Gur ki Chai is a traditional Indian tea made with jaggery and spices. Gur ki chai recipe is a popular tea variety made during winter. This tea has a deep earthy flavour from jaggery and tastes delicious. Let's learn how to make Gur Ki Chai or Jaggery Tea.