Cooking Instructions: Bloom Organic Bazaar Urad Whole
Bloom Organic Bazaar Urad Whole
Shop Now: Bloom Organic Bazaar Urad Whole 2 Lbs
1 cup of Urad Whole yields enough for approximately 4 people
- 1 cup of Bloom Organic Urad Whole
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 inch crushed ginger
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Bloom Organic Coriander Powder
- ½ teaspoon Bloom Organic Cumin Whole
- ½ teaspoon Bloom Organic Turmeric Powder
- ½ teaspoon Bloom Organic Red Chilli Powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon ghee or butter
- 3.5-5 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons Lunn Pink Rock Salt
Cooking the Urad Whole:
1. Rinse the urad whole thoroughly and soak in water for approximately 1 hour.
2. Transfer the urad whole into a pressure cooker and add 3 cups of water. Cook for about 45 minutes.
3. Once pressure cooking is complete, carefully transfer the cooked urad whole to a large pan.
4. Add 2 cups of water and keep simmering on a low heat and proceed to make Tadka (Spicy Tempering). Stir at intervals.
Cooking the Masala Mixture (Tadka):
1. In a medium pan, heat the ghee and add cumin seeds. Once seeds have darkened in colour, add chopped onion and fry until golden brown.
2. Add the tomato puree and mix well.
3. Next, add the crushed ginger and crushed garlic and mix well.
4. Add all the dry spice powders and chopped green chilli and mix well.
5. Sauté until the ghee is visibly separating from the mixture (about 10 minutes).
6. Add the mixture to the pan containing the urad whole.
7. Stir together for 10 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
Jaggery tea or Gur ki Chai is a traditional Indian tea made with jaggery and spices. Gur ki chai recipe is a popular tea variety made during winter. This tea has a deep earthy flavour from jaggery and tastes delicious. Let's learn how to make Gur Ki Chai or Jaggery Tea.